While the regulation and delivery of health care has changed dramatically over the last several decades, Curry & Friend continues to provide high quality representation in today’s highly complicated and shifting regulatory environment. Our healthcare attorneys use their industry knowledge and experience to provide sophisticated guidance on the most difficult issues facing healthcare providers, including strategic advice on regulatory matters, evolving models for delivery of care and complex litigation.
Curry & Friend recognizes that prevention often provides the best outcome, and we offer our clients advice and counsel on how to mitigate risk, resolve issues and evaluate available courses of action to find creative, cost-effective solutions. Our advice is based on our experience representing clients in the health care industry in non-litigation issue resolution, litigation, mediation and through regulatory proceedings.
Curry & Friend attorneys have the knowledge and experience necessary to provide comprehensive litigation services to the health care industry and we proactively manage any cases which may arise. That experience includes defending medical malpractice cases and suits from the panel stage through completion of litigation, often involving interpretation of issues related to Louisiana’s Medical Malpractice Act.
We believe in a team approach to handling complex medical cases. Curry & Friend medical-legal staff includes two Legal Nurse Consultants, giving our firm a depth in health care law that many larger firms cannot match. We also have established relationships with experts in all fields of medicine, both in academic and clinical practice, whom we call upon to assist in evaluating and defending medical malpractice and other health care cases.
Curry & Friend's health care team represents nursing homes, hospitals, physicians and other healthcare providers in the New Orleans area and throughout Louisiana. We handle medical malpractice cases and suits from the panel stage through completion of litigation, often involving interpretation of issues related to Louisiana’s Medical Malpractice Act. We also provide risk management and litigation avoidance strategies and offer compliance and regulatory advice.
Scope of Practice Area
- Health Care
- Medical Malpractice
- Health Care Liability
- Health Care Litigation
- Mental Health Law
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Nursing Home Liability
- Nursing Home Litigation
- Nursing Law
- Pharmacy Law
- Hospital Law
- Hospital Liability Defense
- Hospital Negligence
- Hospital Peer Review
- Hospital Premises Liability
- Medical Staff Credentialing
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Kidney Failure
Curry & Friend clients include a wide variety of healthcare providers and healthcare facilities. We represent and defend a large number of hospitals, clinics, nursing facilities and other senior housing and care organizations, physicians, nurses, therapists and other healthcare providers of varying specialties, including acute, long-term and/or mental health care.
- AMN Healthcare, Inc.
- Anesthesia Consultants of the South
- ASL Senior Housing, LLC
- Ascension Health
- Baptist Community Ministries
- Bayside Healthcare Center, LLC
- Cannon Hospice
- Catlin Underwriting Agency, U.S., Inc
- Christian Health Ministries
- Christian Health Ministries Foundation
- CNA Health Pro
- Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corporation
- Cross Country Healthcare, Inc
- Darwin National Assurance Company
- Daughters of Charity Health Center
- DaVita Inc.
- DePaul-Tulane Behavioral Health Center
- GAMBRO Healthcare, Inc.
- HCA Inc.
- Healthcare Indemnity, Inc.
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices
- Hospital Underwriting Group, Inc.
- KCBL Holdings
- Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
- Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital
- Lakeside Hospital
- Lakeview Regional Medical Center
- Louisiana Nursing Home Association and Trust
- Louisiana Patients’ Compensation Fund
- Louisiana State University – Health Science Center
- Oaklane Wellness and Rehabilitation Center
- Oceanus Insurance Company
- Pontchartrain Lithotripsy
- Professional Rehabilitation Hospital, L.L.C.
- Promise Healthcare, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics Clinical Laboratories, Inc.
- Renal Treatment Centers – Southeast L.P.
- Riverbend Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Inc
- Sedgwick Caronia
- Slidell Specialty Hospital, L.P.
- Southerland Place
- Southern Health Partners
- Southern Surgical Hospital
- St. Claude Medical Center
- St. Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Tangi Pines Nursing Home
- Tenet Health System
- Total Renal Care, Inc.
- Touro Infirmary
- Tulane University Hospital and Clinic
- University Healthcare System, L.C.
Jamie A. Myers, MSN, RN, LNCC - May 19, 2015
Academic publishing, the process of placing the results of one's research into current scientific literature, is a long and laborious road. Unlike the expeditiously published news article, substantive science may take months, even years, to develop.
The Rise of Wearable Technology & Biological Data Mining as an Evidentiary Source in Medical Malpractice Claims
Kathy "Kat" A. Rito, Partner - May 19, 2015
Medical records will always be at the heart of evidentiary efforts in malpractice litigation. They establish the obvious: facts relating to the underlying alleged breach of the standard of care. However, medical records are not always useful as sources of evidence for other components of a plaintiff’s claim, such as causation and damages.